When it comes to renovating or remodeling any place in your home, there are a million different things you can do. Of course, what you can actually do depends entirely on your budget and your imagination- not to mention your skills and the amount of free time you have to dedicate to renovating and remodeling the home. Sometimes, all you need is a good idea and some dedication, and your home will be remodeled and renovated in ways that may have never been imaginable before. In case you have a brain drain when it comes to renovation and remodeling ideas, here are some different things you can do in all the major rooms of the house:
Renovating and remodeling the living room
The living room is a great place for a renovation or remodel because it is the primary room that people see when visiting the house, and it is the prime spot when hosting any guests of any kind. Also, the living room tends to be the biggest room in the house, and thus has the most possibilities for renovation and remodeling per square foot. The living room also tends to have the most furniture in it, when compared to other rooms in the house, which adds just that many more renovation and remodeling possibilities.
- Change the carpet- this can be costly, but can do wonders in the room.
- Rearrange the furniture- a simple switch-around can do a lot to change the feel of a room.
- Rugs- a new rug can really liven up a room, you may be surprised by the result.
Renovating and remodeling the bathroom
The bathroom may be one of the smallest rooms, but it is also one in which you may have a lot of guests- and is therefore a great place to renovate and remodel. The space may be limited, but the possibilities are not nearly as limited as you may think- there are all kinds of things that can be done to make a bathroom sparkle.
- Cabinets- changing up the cabinets can make a bathroom look brand new.
- Toilets and tubs- getting a new toilet or tub can change the whole feel of a bathroom, and will really make it sparkle like new.
Renovating and remodeling the bedroom
The bedroom is the most private area of the home, and the goal of a bedroom design should be to make you feel comfortable and at ease as much as possible.
- Cleaning up the closet- The closet tends to be the most cluttered part of the room, and maybe even the most cluttered part of the house.
- New dressers- a shiny, new dresser can really liven up a room and breath fresh air into it.
- The walls- Putting up a nice piece of artwork or something on the walls can add a whole different level of peacefulness to a bedroom.
Alexis is an interior design maven. She writes for a variety of sites and loves looking at preferred builder floor plans.