Monday, June 27, 2011

Fireplace Safety - *IMPORTANT*

Although fireplaces can compliment and liven up a home's decor and provide warmth, precautions must be taken to ensure safety. Last week on June 22nd a man named Greg from Mount Maunganui, New Zeland nearly burnt down his home after placing ashes from his fireplace in a plastic container in his garage.
"I thought they were cold, they seemed cold," Greg says. Greg was in and out of the garage all day, with no indication that the ashes were smouldering. Within a matter of hours there were flames flaring out of his garage door and Greg's neighbor notified him of the fire. Nobody ended up getting hurt and the firemen were able to extinguish the fire in a matter of hours. The picture of the burning house is actually not the house mentioned in this post but hopefully it will make you think about the dangers that fire can cause. While decorating and updating your fireplace are fun and a great way to liven up your home, we must all remain careful and aware of the danger that lives behind our fireplace doors.

Read more about Greg's Story

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...